Launch FLEXharvester: unlock the value of energy flexibility
What: This webinar explains how the new software platform FLEXharvester with the application STORM District Energy Controller facilitates the harvesting of energy flexibility in heating networks and multi-energy networks by leveraging your existing infrastructure.
When: Thursday, March 25, 13h00 - 16h00
Where: Online via live stream
Registration: via this link
- Utility companies (with heat-related activities);
- Heat network operators;
- System integrators and HVAC engineering companies;
- Software companies active in the heat network sector;
- Suppliers of heat network technology;
- Building management companies;
- Smart City engineering and consulting firms;
- Cities and municipalities.
- 13h00 - Welcome by VITO/EnergyVille - Commercial Director VITO - Bruno Reyntjens
- 13h10 - Environmental Sustainability as a key pillar for Cities & Regions recovery - Keynote Microsoft - Dr. José A. Ondiviela
- 13h30 - STORM District Energy Controller - VITO/EnergyVille - Johan Van Bael
- 13h50 - Heating networks in Europe - Keynote Euroheat & Power - Manager DHC+ Technology at Euroheat & Power Alessandro Provaggi
- 14h10 - FLEXharvester platform as a business enabler - VITO/EnergyVille - Erik De Schutter
- 14h30 - Microsoft partner testimonial
- 14h50 - Closing by Microsoft
- 15h00 - Break out rooms
- Technical ISV Q&A
VITO/EnergyVille and Microsoft
Microsoft has put sustainability as one of the top themes for new business development worldwide. The collaboration with VITO/EnergyVille, one of the referential research organisations in Europe developing intelligent energy applications using Microsoft Azure, is supporting this vision.
The District Heating market is growing rapidly in all countries to decrease our CO2 footprint but operational efficiency can be improved by avoiding peaks in production and better balancing. For this reason, VITO/EnergyVille developed an intelligent algorithm, the STORM District Energy Controller.
To enable speed of deploy, limit application development costs, and enable European and even global deployment of their intelligent flexibility solutions VITO/EnergyVille developed FLEXharvester. A platform based on Microsoft Azure and ARM technology integrating in a first phase the STORM District Energy Controller algorithm. An Azure Solution blueprint for shaving peaks in district heat networks. In the future other flexibility solutions will be launched based on the same platform.
FLEXharvester including STORM District Energy Controller is the solution for Microsoft partners that want to deploy energy flexibility solutions in their region.